Coughing is really annoying. Sometimes, you can’t talk for a while and you can’t eat comfortably during coughing. Below are self-care tips for a cough besides taking medicine.
Tips to Cure a Cough
You can cure a cough by yourself if you want to follow these self-care tips below. Check this out!
- Sometimes during a cough, you will also encounter a stuffy and runny nose. This can happen since the mucous dripping down to the back of your throat. If this happens to you, you can take a decongestant. This will open the nasal passages. Moreover, this medicine will cure the postnasal drip.
- Do you know that increase the humidity in your room will help relieve your cough? Your bedroom should have the decent humidity so your cough will be cured. You can increase the humidity in your room by using a vaporizer. You can also take a shower before bedtime.
- If you want to take decongestants such as pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine, or maybe you want to take the combination of these two, you can buy it at the drugstore. However, if your children have a cough, it’s better to not give them to a child under 6 years old. If you have high blood pressure, you need to talk to your doctor first.
- If your cough caused by allergy, you need to avoid the allergen that can cause your allergy. Severe postnasal drip caused by an allergy. You can also take a steroid nasal spray or anti-histamines.
- A dry cough is also annoying. Sometimes you can lose your voice. To cure a dry cough, you can suck on cough pill.
- Whenever you have a cough, you need to drink extra water or lemon water or anything that have citrus in it. The fluids will help to relieve the secretions.
That’s how you cure a cough. But if your cough becomes severe after 3 days, you need to check with the doctor.